Monday, July 13, 2009

New Polymer clay tile


SOLD

I sold the last two tiles I had and also the vase so I created another tile yesterday.I start off with a regular tumbled marble tile used in kitchen back splashes.I then cover the sides and front with a layer of textured Polymer clay and bake that in the oven until cured.Then I hand sculpt flowers, leaves and other embellishments and bake those.These embellishments are then painted along with the textured tile. I adhere all the embellishments, add semi precious stones, and seal the entire tile with three coats of a protective sealer.They can be grouted onto a wall or there is a place carved on the back to hang it from.I've signed and dated the back.
This one is for auction on Ebay
you can also purchase it on my Etsy site.

No comments:

Post a Comment